Telephone: 293-3880 Ext 126
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
To produce a fair and equitable assessment roll each year for the Town of Riga and the Village of Churchville by maintaining accurate records of real property ownership and physical characteristics; by carefully analyzing the local real estate market to determine equitable assessments that fairly distribute the total tax burden among all property owners based on the market value of their property; and by correctly determining eligibility for real property tax exemptions. The overriding goal is for no one to pay more or less than his or her fair share of the overall tax levy.
2021 RE-ASSESSMENT NOTICE
Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic, the Town of Riga has decided to postpone the scheduled townwide 2021 re-assessment until further notice. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact the assessor’s office.
March 1st – Taxable Status Date
May 1st – Tentative Roll Filed
4th Tuesday in May – Grievance Day
July 1st – Final Roll Filed
- Research Property and Assessment Information Understanding Assessments and Property Taxes Link
- Fair Assessments Guide for Property Owners Link
- Reassessment Frequently Asked Questions Link
- Exemption Forms Link
- 2020 Riga Final Roll (also available for review at town hall and library)
- Riga 2020 Tentative Roll PDF (also available for review at town hall and library)
- (RP-524) Grievance Form Link
- Informal Assessment PDF
- Assessment Review Request Form PDF
- How to Request an Informal Assessment Review PDF
Visit: STAR Registration Link
Taxpayers Call: 1-518-457-2036
Tax credits and the NYS Registration of existing Basic STAR exemption are not administered locally. You must contact New York State Department of Taxation & Finance at the above listed numbers with any questions pertaining
to checks, tax credits, and the registration process – or visit the listed webpages for more information.
NOTE: First-time applicants, for any exemption, or the annual renewal of an existing exemption, must submit the applicable paper form and supporting documentation to your local assessor by taxable status date (March 1st).